Introducing the Moots Express eBike
The Adventure Ahead is Unpaved with Possibility
Steamboat Springs, CO., September 20th, 2023 – Moots launches the ultimate adventure-ready eBike, the Express. Since day one, they’ve designed and built bikes that take you as far and as long as your heart desires. Purpose-built bikes, hand-crafted with equal parts passion and experience. Over the decades, that focus has built a tremendous following of cyclists who appreciate the craftsmanship put into every bike that sports the Moots head badge. And now, Moots is thrilled to announce the addition of an eBike to their fleet of premium bikes engineered for wherever the ribbon of road and wandering trail may lead.
In the world of ebikes, there was a clear path forward for Moots, applying decades of design and build experience into a purpose-built model designed to go the distance. The Express brings Moot's electric-powered vision to reality.
The core concept of pushing harder and going further has always motivated Moots. So, to introduce a power-assisted bike into their fleet, it had to do two core things: First, to enable riders to seek & explore further. And second, to showcase design characteristics that elevate the experience beyond other power-enabled bikes on the market today. Those being rider comfort, ride quality, ability to conquer mixed trail conditions, and the long-term durability that is synonymous with the Moots name.
The result is a bike that is sleek and a fully capable partner for whatever adventure lies ahead. The Express is a game changer, where every time you step out the door, adventure awaits.
The freedom to adventure more and travel farther, faster. Explore the ups and downs. Gain more twists and turns. From soft gravel footpaths and bone-rattling washboard, all the way out to the open-range two-track. Whether it's dust, mud, wind, rain, or a beautiful bluebird sunny day… above all, the view around that next hidden bend is within reach because, with the Moots Express, the trail ahead is unpaved with possibility.
Moots Express Key Features
- Range: With a range well past 100* miles, the Express will deliver more ride distance than nearly any bike on the market today. (*depending on ride characteristics like assist level use, rider weight, elevation gain, wind speeds, and tire pressure.)
- Power: The Express is built with a class 3 Shimano EP801 drive unit tuned to deliver 60nm power. The power curve is able to be tuned through the Shimano E-TUBE app. The drive unit is supported by a Shimano 504wH battery that is easily removable via one bolt under the battery access panel.
- Frame features: Two water bottle ports in the main triangle, one being a 3-pack variant to accommodate frame bags. Along with a 3-pack mount on each fork leg and integrated fender mounts front and rear. Shimano GRX carbon wheels come wrapped with 50c Panaracer GravelKing+ tires with plenty of clearance to spare.
- Components: The Express is spec'd with a premium Shimano system from nose to tail, for their proven, premium performance and reliable service for years to come. Shimano LinkGlide chain, cassette, and chainring are designed and built specifically for eBikes to deliver precise shifting and durability for the extra torque the bike delivers. The drivetrain spec is a 1 x 11 system with a 47 tooth front chainring and an 11/50T rear cassette.
- No mess/No fuss: Fully internal routing via Moots MOD series components; handlebar and stem
- Intuitive ease of use: The right shifter controls the derailleur while the left shifter adjusts the assist mode to seamlessly add or reduce available power assist.
- The Shimano EP801 system allows riders the choice of two levels of Autoshift control. The Autoshift feature automatically adjusts gearing based on your input torque and cadence.
- Weight: A ride-ready Medium weighs in at a trim 33lbs.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
MSRP: From $9,999 | Image Assets | Landing Page